Last updated: 24.4.18
Equator is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Equator may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 24.3.18.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Name, email address, phone number and company name
- If applying for a job we will also hold your CV details
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Contact forms & Thought-leadership sign-up - Equator will use any personal data collected for the purpose of Equator communications only. Your personal data will be held in a secure, encrypted environment and will not be disclosed to any other party. Contact information is kept for a maximum of 12 months from the date your record was last modified.
- Job applications - Equator will use any personal data collected in job applications for recruitment purposes only. We may pass data to external agencies employed by us to assist in screening and interviewing prospective employees but those agencies will only use that data for services provided to Equator and/or its subsidiaries and they will treat the data in confidence. Your personal data will be held in a secure, encrypted environment and will not be disclosed to any other party. Any diversity information you provide us will be treated as confidential. It will only be used for statistical purposes to ensure we remain committed to our strategy of creating an inclusive workplace. Candidate data is kept for a maximum of 12 months from the date your record was last modified. If you’re successful in getting a job at Equator, the information will form the basis of your employment record, and will be stored in your Personnel file.
- Other uses:
- Internal record keeping
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send emails about careers opportunities, new products, news or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or mail.
- We may also use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the consent box that you can click to indicate that you do want the information to be used for direct marketing or other legitimate purposes
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes or other purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you information which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
- You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the GDPR. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Compliance Team, Equator, 58 Elliot Street, Glasgow G3 8DZ
- If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect, incomplete or you wish to have it erased, please write to or email us with your request, to the above address. We will promptly correct or remove any personal information
This website and its content is copyright of Equator (Scotland) Limited© 2018. All rights reserved.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
- You may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only
- You may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material
You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
Last updated: 24.4.18
Firstly what are cookies?
A cookie is a small text file that is stored on your computer or device when you visit a website. Cookies are used by all websites, and have several different functions.
At a basic level cookies will:
- Allow the site to work properly, and help keep it secure
- Help us understand how people use the website
- Make the site easier to use by remembering information that you've entered,
- Improve your experience by showing you information that's relevant to you.
There are four main types of cookies
1. Necessary cookies – We use these.
These cookies let you move around our websites and use all their features. These cookies also help keep your session secure.
2. Performance cookies – We use these.
These simply help us improve the way our website works. They tell us how people use each page, which ones are most commonly viewed, or whether any errors occurred.
3. Customisation cookies – Not active on this site.
These cookies store your personal settings such as font sizes, volume level, or remember basic information that you've entered, so next time you visit our website it's all there for you.
4. Targeting cookies – Not active on this site.
These cookies help make sure the adverts you see on your screen are relevant and useful to you.
Changing your cookie settings