We’re looking for an Accountant to join our Finance team to plan, organise and govern all the financial activities of Equator and its subsidiaries. You will assist in delivering all aspects of accounting for the Group’s sub-ledgers, as well as assisting where required in the monthly management accounts, the statutory accounts, and other regulatory reporting requirements.
- You will have daily management of Commercial Accountants, Accounts Assistant and Co-ordinator and will provide guidance and coaching to them as required.
- You will monitor workflow to ensure tasks are adequately carried out on time and to the expected standard.
- You will facilitate the running of the subsidiary companies which will include responsibility for accounts receivable & payables ledgers, accruals, prepayments, payroll and monthly MI.
- You will oversee the financial planning process
- Develop and Manage financial controls and systems
- KPI Creation, monitoring and reporting
- Ensuring the timely completion and submission of all tax returns
- Contribute to the external auditor process, including planning & preparation as well as liaising with auditors
- Support on ad hoc duties as an when required
£45,000 - £55,000
Skills & attributes
Is it for you?
- Qualified or part qualified.
- Commercial and business awareness
- Strong attention to detail and investigative nature
- An analytical approach to work
- High numeracy and sound technical skills
- Problem-solving skills and initiative
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Experience of working through the external auditor process
- Advanced knowledge of the Microsoft packages
- Ability to work as part of a team and build strong work relationships
- Provide and Interpret financial information
- Produce accurate financial reports to specific deadlines
- Previous team management experience