As Project Manager you are accountable for the end-to-end delivery of a diverse range of projects, within an agreed but flexible framework and governance structure.
In this role you will:
- Work with the Head of Project Management to decide which approach should be deployed on each project including the appropriate use of documentation and controls including but not limited to User Stories and Acceptance Criteria, Project Plans, Wireframes, Technical Specs, Test Plans, Project Reports and Client Action Logs.
- Ensure JIRA and Confluence are being utilised in line with our process, that JIRA boards are maintained and that each project has an eazyBI ETC report.
- Maintaining a Risk and Issues log and working to mitigate these.
- Monitori progress vs plan and taking corrective action or escalating when required.
- Provide progress updates to internal stakeholders and communicating directly with client stakeholders.
- Facilitate workshops and producing associated outputs.
- Lead the delivery team in scoping, producing costs and robust capacity and delivery plans, whilst ensuring they are motivated, collaborating and working well together
- Identify obstacles and help the team plan around or overcome them
- Prioritise work and focus the team on what is most important to achieve a good outcome for our clients
- Encourage and facilitate continuous improvement
- You will help lead the team from the front, inspiring and driving the team to share our ethos for hard work and great results.
£40,000 - £60,000
Skills & attributes
Is it for you?
- Project delivery practices: You can identify, compare, and decide which processes or delivery methods to use.
- Financial management: You understand our pricing model and work with the wider team to appropriately scope and cost work. You know how to balance cost vs. value. You understand the importance of revenue recognition and work with the Development Project/Team lead to ensure ETC’s are accurate, properly considered and completed on a weekly basis.
- Communication: You know how to communicate effectively, overcoming departmental boundaries. You can effectively translate and accurately communicate to technical and non-technical stakeholders as well as facilitate discussions within a multi-disciplinary team.
- Planning: You know the importance of planning and forecasting and the different ways to develop a plan. You know how to communicate plans, assumptions, and progress to stakeholders.
- Making our process work: You focus on the outcome. You challenge disproportionate processes and suggest improvements to broken ones.
- Ownership and initiative: You take ownership of problems and work with the necessary teams to resolve them.
- Maintaining delivery momentum: You understand the different phases of project delivery and can contribute to, plan, and run these. You can solve issues and unblock problems. You know how to plan work, track progress, and use the relevant agile ceremonies to ensure the team are working towards delivery commitments.
- Team dynamics and collaboration: You can maintain, influence, and motivate a team. You can give and receive feedback. You can recognise and deal with issues and facilitate conflict resolution. You know how to help teams maintain a focus on delivery while being aware of budget and timeline constraints.