Overview of Role
The Business Development Manager is responsible for generating and developing new sales leads and opportunities, as well as helping to grow the relationship with prospective clients to secure meetings.
They will also assist in the preparation of proposals and pitches, ensuring that when required, the necessary work in relation to the these are completed by appropriate Equator team members.
The Business Development Manager is part of a highly specialised team of sales professionals in Equator responsible for the development and closing of all new business in their remit.
- Research and analyse marketplace information and trends
- Identify, respond and manage the sales meeting process
- Develop ongoing pipeline
- Develop relationships with key internal stakeholders
- Act as a representative for the business selling our full portfolio of services
- Help to build a strong recognised brand and product portfolio
- Sourcing and delivery of meetings to win new client accounts
- Develop strong, multi layered relationship with new clients and ensure that decision makers and key decision influencers are identified and documented
- The BDM is accountable for delivering meetings that will meet the minimum criteria of new revenue generation at appropriate margin levels across all services and for all clients
- Achieving agreed meeting targets
- Up to date reports with relevant factual information included
- Achieve pre-set KPI`s geared towards generating opportunities
- Prepare and assist in the delivery of business proposals and presentations for prospective clients
- Assist in the preparation required for pitches
- Attend new business meetings under the guidance of Group Business Development Director
- Attend pitches under the guidance of Group Business Development Director to assist in personal development
- Manage and support the activities, as well as the performance of Business Development Executive, against agreed KPI’s.
- You have outstanding communication skills
- You have excellent written skills
- An excellent telephone manner
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- A clear understanding of the sales process cycle
- Adherence to the pitch process and timelines
- Ability to prepare accurate and timely contact reports
- Current knowledge of all things digital
- Be able to commit to and adhere to strict deadlines
- Good analytical skills