A digital transformation.
Vitality appointed Equator to help them enhance the way they look after customers. At the time, they were extracting the business out of legacy domains and systems from Prudential, whilst adding new products to their Health & Wellbeing framework.
Vitality’s overarching objective was to protect sales and revenue during their de-merger from Prudential, which meant overcoming several challenges:
- Making the multitude of legacy systems interact seamlessly while decoupling from Prudential’s architecture
- Improving disjointed user journeys and high operating costs
- Moving from business-centric to customer-centric experiences
- Making the proposition and content consistent and compelling for customers
All of this would create internal efficiencies, cost-savings and a more consistent and compelling experience for customers. Ultimately leading to stronger online sales and repeat business.
How we did it.
At the heart of our approach was establishing a detailed understanding of their systems, the opportunities they represented and the challenges they brought. This was achieved through a series of technical workshops and investigations into Vitality’s infrastructure. From this we were able to create a technology roadmap to make the most of the assets they had and propose where new solutions were need to meet their objectives.
Customer experience assessment
Alongside this, a deep-dive into user behaviour established how best to service their audiences, introduce new product areas and streamline interactions. Our strategists and UX specialists began by using analytic data to benchmark the effectiveness of the online estate, highlighting areas for improvement. From this analysis, we were able to establish a new target state for their digital experience.
What we did.
Our team developed a Sitecore based modular solution that answered Vitality’s unique challenges, in just 4 months. The new customer-centric site now connects directly with Vitality’s systems. This was able to transform Vitality’s operations and the effectiveness of their digital customer experience.
- It flexibly accommodates new products, tools and content
- It’s optimised to be visible and engaging in every channel
- Application journeys are streamlined and converting more business
- Better data & insights now drive continual evolution of the acquisition, cross-sell and up-sell strategies
- It’s built on a solid, future-proofed technical infrastructure
How we met objectives.
We were able to transform Vitality’s customer experience by connecting a deep understanding of audiences and business objectives with a platform that made the most of legacy systems.
As well as generating more business, the new SEO optimised site contributed to a significant leap in search visibility.
Since then, Equator has been partnering with Vitality on further initiatives to enhance and grow other aspects of their services. These include an innovative program working in partnership with Disney to improve the health of kids in the UK.