Equator were appointed to redesign and develop Royallondon.com and Royallondon.ie, ensuring a responsive and scalable solution with SEO considered from the outset. The redesign had an overall objective to drive greater customer engagement and increase sales.
User journeys for a varied customer base.
Equator undertook a Discovery phase to get under the skin of internal teams, processes and business objectives. This was followed by a Solution Definition phase where site structure and user journeys were created to meet the needs of Royal London’s varied user base: those confident and informed enough to complete a goal online or those who wish to use the expertise of an IFA. A digital design system was established to reflect Royal London’s brand and proposition, bringing new life to their online presence, with Equator supporting Royal London’s own development team.
A key challenge was for Royal London’s D2C and adviser led business areas to be happy with site structure as the previous site and domain held strong search authority. Although there are two ways for a customer to purchase with Royal London, they were not to be displayed as competing products. Advisers were also getting frustrated with not being able to easily and quickly find information when with clients. A careful balance of user objectives and business area objectives was required, and user testing was conducted to verify the recommended approach.
A simplistic solution with UX at the forefront.
We were given objectives from Royal London, and added some of our own recommendations as the project progressed. Our solution covered all of the below:
- Simple and intuitive site structure and user journeys
- Language and tone of voice – painting the simplest picture as to what RL offer that explains what they have for who and why
- A design system to ensure long term consistency and brand experience
- Augmented team and collaborative approach
- Enabling and empowering the client team so that they could take ownership of the solution
- Equator established the design system and component library for Royal London to have longer term flexibility
Massive improvements across the board.