Search Captures People…Video Moves People.
The search landscape is constantly evolving, we are continually looking to find unique ways in which to market our clients in a more effective fashion to get the most out of their budget. One advertising method which we have been using and has grown from strength to strength is YouTube PPC. When implemented correctly, it can have a positive impact on your brand PPC and significantly improve your brand reach.
How we use video to win the attention of new customers & drive performance
There are 3 keys to make your video/YouTube PPC drive performance:
• Reach the right customers based on their intent
• Win attention in a low-attention mobile world
• Drive measurable action
Reach the right customers based on their intent
On YouTube alone there are over 1.5 Billion global monthly viewers watching 1 or more hours of video per day…and that is only on taking mobile into account.
YouTube has the precision to reach high-intent audiences whilst not just aiming for everybody. How can we do this? Simply, by leveraging all the intent signals from the Google products that we use – from Search to Google Play, Google Chrome, Gmail and Google Maps.
Using this data, Google have created new and improved audience targeting tools for some of their Google Search Networks. Here are 3 ways to improve your YouTube PPC:
• New Affinity & In-Market Segments - Select from these audiences to find customers who are in the market, which means that they're researching products and are actively considering buying a service or product like yours.
• Life Events - Engage with viewers on YouTube around important life milestones, like graduating, moving home or getting married. By understanding when these moments are taking place, we can tailor your advertising to reach the right users with the right messages. E.g. From wedding planning to the honeymoon (potential here for hotel clients), advertisers can have an active role to play in sending newlyweds on the right path.
• Consumer Patterns – this is a brand-new feature for Google and YouTube. Make sure your ad can reach frequent grocery, big box, department, convenience store shoppers, frequent restaurant goers, and more.
These 3 targeting options mean that we can ensure your product is reaching the correct customers at the right time to maximise the use of budget and increase the chance of conversions.
Another targeting measure to use is custom intent audiences. This is where we can reach potential customers with video ads on YouTube after they’ve searched for specific keywords on Google. Similar to a traditional PPC campaign, we set up a list of keywords that we would want to target. Google constantly refreshes the YouTube audience with new people who have recently searched for those keywords.
Using targeting effectively on your video marketing can drive big results when you reach a high-intent audience.
Win their attention in a low-attention mobile world
More choice in media means more competition for attention. Adults’ attention is shifting. >20% of US adults don’t pay for TV; and 8 in 10 multitask on another device whilst “watching” it.
And the next generation of consumers are growing up in a world that is entirely ‘skippable.’ 7 in 10 teenagers watch 3+ hours of mobile video per day; teens watch 2x more YouTube + Netflix than cable.
As YouTube combines viewable and audible video ads, it drives stronger and more efficient viewing figures – these ads have been driving more than 2.6x brand/product consideration in comparison to visual only or audible only ads.
We want to market your ad effectively and YouTube have provided the platform to do this via 2 core ad formats:
- TrueView Ads (video length min. 15 secs) - Give viewer’s choice to watch, and only pay when they choose not to skip.
- Bumper Ads (video length 6 secs) – Short ads - the perfect length to share an effective message while respecting shorter attention spans.
In a recent study by Google (Source: Google/Eye Square Experiment 8 ads, US, March 2017.) YouTube bumper ads drove the same Ad recall as Facebook ads…but in 80% less time! This shows how effective YouTube ads have become.
Drive measurable actions
This is a brand-new ad format from YouTube, it is called TrueView for action – where you can drive click actions right from a video: