IAB reveals Online Performance Marketing results
A recent study carried out by the IAB and affiliate marketing council reported a £1 billion spend on online performance marketing in 2013 – a significant growth of 15% on 2012.
Key stats from the study include:
- Online performance marketing generated £14bn in sales in 2013
- UK businesses spent £1 billion on affiliate marketing and lead generation activities in 2013
- UK consumers made 150 million purchases via affiliate websites
- Online performance marketing drives approximately 10% of all UK e-commerce retail sales
- 4 in 10 Britons online a month visit a price comparison site
- 9 in 10 Britons say they cash in vouchers or redeem points – half of which do so every month
- 1 in 8 people have redeemed an offer via their mobile phone
The growth in the channel is testament to the innovation that can be seen across publishers and advertisers who are investing in performance marketing. This research also reveals the extent to which savvy consumers are taking advantage of offers available to help them save money.
If you want to find out how an affiliate programme can help grow your business, contact Equator today to find out more.