What Facebooks algorithm change will mean for your brand profile
You might have noticed a drop in organic reach on your brand profile since the beginning of December... this is down to the recent changes made by Facebook which prioritises strong content as well as pushing more ads and promoted posts to the forefront of users newsfeeds.
Put away those cute kitten memes... Facebook have new rules
An important thing that marketers and brands have to realise that while animal pictures and witty memes might be buying you likes and comments right now, Facebook are becoming wise to it and will be aiming to prioritise more relevant and newsworthy posts to ensure that users are getting all the right information on their newsfeeds.
Let us quickly summarise more of the changes for you:
- Efforts will be focused on getting relevant and engaging content back onto users newsfeeds.
- Facebook are aiming to reward brands with higher reach if they publish valuable content such as articles, links to reputable news sites and blogs.
- Another change is that brands will be expected to invest in Facebook advertising to yield stronger results from their page as well as sharing more compelling content.
Could the changes potentially benefit your page?
Extra costs aside, could improving your content on your page benefit your brand in the longer term? Giving your fans more engaging content to interact with will hopefully encourage a more positive relationship with your brand, and could essentially give them more reason to stay loyal and interested in your brand.
With consideration of the changes, there’s truly no time like the present to start shaping your Facebook strategy, we have a few tips on how to get started...
...Create share-worthy and engaging content to share with your audience
- We would recommend sharing a mixture of relevant and timely blog pieces and articles as well as linking to your own onsite content that encourages your audience to engage through likes or better yet, content that encourages them to express their views and opinions on the subject matter
... Encourage fans to become more involved with your brand on social media
- A good way to do this is through a call-to-action that persuades an audience to share user-generated content such as photos on your page
... Pay for better visibility with Facebook ads and promoted posts
- Make use of the ad services provided Facebook to give your reach a boost, whether it’s through promoted posts or sponsored ads, a good balance of organic and paid activity will help generate better overall reach.
If you would like any more information on the changes or how you can improve your social content, get in touch with our social media team today.