Top 5 misconceptions about online display advertising
Isn't everyone always fighting that ferocious ROI monster? At Equator we know the importance of making every marketing pound work to deliver the best possible ROI. However we also know that involving every piece of the marketing puzzle is important for a strategic sales and branding drive.
Like Spring's blossoming blooms we hope the following misconceptions around media buying will open you to the possibilities this channel can generate for your business.
1. A small budget won't buy enough exposure. FALSE! You don't need a Coca Cola budget to effectively market your brand with display advertising. Even a conservative budget, when applied to properly chosen placements (and with good negotiation!), will deliver what you're looking for, exposure, leads or sales.
2. It's not worth it - we only see an ROI of 1 or 2 from our display campaigns. BEEEEP! Display advertising is the only online media channel that directly influences all other channels. So not only will you generate sales from display media and people going directly to your website, you will also see visitors and sales from your other channels increase during and after a campaign.
3. We've got enough brand exposure already. NOPE! With the emergence of social media over the past couple of years there are even more place where untouched customers are hiding out. Make sure you're covered in managing all of these outlets.
4. PPC will provide all the marketing we need to send visitors to our site. WRONG! There has been loads of research on this showing that PPC performs anywhere from 13% to 47% better when display advertising is used with an integrated campaign. It just makes sense - display advertising creates the demand and PPC catches it.
5. We'll just go with some fancy banners and that'll cover us. NO WAY! There are so many options for a real, integrated campaign from textlinks in advertorials to video and everything in between. You must employ an agency (any guesses?) who will ask about all available options and negotiate and create integrated campaign rates.
Media buying is a very strategic petal in the many layers of the marketing flower. Without it the bees just won't know where to go!