Overview of Role
Involved throughout the entire development life cycle, from initial engagement through to go-live, you will be directly involved in translating project vision into reality. As a core member of our technical team, you will help form our understanding of the complexities contained in business systems. This is key to ensuring the successful delivery of transformation projects that deliver a positive result for our clients and their customers.
This is a highly technical role and will require you to have experience and working knowledge of the architectural domains detailed in the role responsibilities. We accommodate a wide range of experience in the role from graduate level through to senior with appropriate training and certification being provided as part of career progression.
- The successful delivery of transformation projects ultimately requires an in depth understanding of client business processes, systems, and data. For our larger projects this encompasses enterprise systems with complex dependencies and integrations. Together with our business analysts and solution architects, you will be responsible for analysing existing solutions to assess risk, capture requirements, detail dependencies, and determine required effort.
- To do this you will be expected to engage with subject matter experts (SME) within the client organisation.
- You will be expected to document your finding and present/share them with both internally and with clients or partners.
- You will be required to have working knowledge and practical expereince in the following architectural domains:
- Applications architecture: a blueprint for structuring and deploying application systems and in accordance with business goals, other organizational frameworks and all core business processes.
- Data architecture: defining the organization’s data storage, management and maintenance, including logical and physical data models.
- Technical architecture: describes all necessary hardware, software and IT infrastructure involved in developing and deploying business applications.
- Your knowledge and expertise will be utilised across our solution delivery and due diligence projects. The later will require you to critique systems under evaluation and document your findings and views into a report format.
- We require detailed functional and non-functional requirements to deliver successful solutions. Depending on the project methodology being deployed this may require significant upfront documentation (waterfall) or progressive enhancement/evolution throughout delivery (agile). You will work alongside our business analysts and test team to ensure requirements are robustly captured and translated into user stories and acceptance criteria.
- You will be expected to become a technical subject matter expert familiar with the requirements, processes, business logic, data and integrations required for the delivery.
- You will be expected to contribute to the high-level design of system to be developed. You will work with the solution architect to understand the vision and direction of the solution. You will use your experience of system design and usage to identify and define the functional areas of the solution detailing system responsibilities, functions and required data inputs/outputs.
- The above responsibility will require you to have a firm grasp of data sources (including external integrations) and through analytical exercises (such as data lifetime and gap analysis) validate the validity of architectural designs.
- You will be expected to document your outputs and incorporate them into the project specification documents.
- Your status as a technical subject matter expert will be retained throughout the delivery phase where you will be expected to be heavily involved with all the various required disciplines.
- You should expect to work closely with our design team to collaborate on the functional system design and ensure that it can be translated into an appropriate UI and UX and verify that it meets the associated acceptance criteria.
- Day to day collaboration with the engineering project lead will be critical to the delivery phase of our projects. You will be expected to support the development and test team interpret the system designs and associated dependencies and transform them into a robust and performant code base. Note that you will not be expected to develop code as part of your role.
- You will be expected to support the test team during defect triage by answering any queries related to system design and function.
- You will be expected to work closely with the assigned individuals from supporting disciplines (engineering project lead, solution architect, business analyst, project manager, lead tester) to devise and execute a delivery plan to agreed estimates and timelines.
- You will be required to communicate and explain the technical designs and considerations to both technical and non-technical individuals.
- You will ensure that our departmental engineering processes are followed and that project gateways are met and passed.
- Alongside other team members, you will be expected to communicate and demonstrate progress to our clients.
- You will be expected to transition between projects within the business and may be actively involved in more than one project at a time.
- You have an excellent knowledge of a wide range of development methods, standards and trends.
- You are an excellent communicator, both written and verbal.
- You are comfortable presenting your ideas to clients.
- You are adept at evaluating a wide range of systems/technologies and quantifying risk and complexity.
- You will have strong working knowledge of system integrations via REST APIs and be able to map available/required data to endpoints.
- You are forward-thinking and proactive.
- Working knowledge of Agile delivery methodologies.
- You are comfortable producing written outputs for technical solutions