Overview of Role
The thing that makes your position so important in Equator is you provide legal advice in relation to matters arising during the company’s course of business, whether by directly managing the matters or referring to an external provider.
- To provide quality legal service to Equator.
- Maintain client relationships.
- Establishing correct and efficient options for dealing with legal issues. Whilst considering the commercial impact of those decisions.
- Offering advice on the law, legal procedures and a range of associated issues.
- Prepare and have executed contracts and other legal documents.
- To work and behave in a professional manner.
- Carry out duties diligently and assist with legal issues arising.
- To participate in the growth and development of the company.
- Treat all information about the company as confidential.
- Keep up to date with changes in the law.
- Support internal procedures a policies.
- Participate in team meetings.
- Attend internal and external training as required.
- Deliver training when required.
- Read journals and attend courses as part of continuous personal development (CPD)
- We would love if you were 2 years PQE
- You need to be qualified in Scotland and have a current practising certificate (dual qualified would be a bonus)
- Have a broad foundation of knowledge
- adaptable and a confident in learning and applying new areas
- Have confidence in your opinions and be willing to speak truth to power