Social Media Manager
As Social Media Manager at Equator you play a key role in the development and implementation of social media strategies for our clients. You will be an expert in all things social media, possessing an industry leading understanding of multiple social platforms and a flair for content creation and analytics to ensure we hit client KPIs. You’ll be proactive in seeking out new opportunities for Equator’s social media offering – proposing new, innovative ideas to grow existing accounts and pitching to new clients to increase accounts and billings.
- Proactively highlighting new platforms, tools and strategies that could improve campaign results as part of Equator’s industry leading social media proposition.
- Seeking out opportunities to grow existing client accounts and budgets by proposing new and innovative ideas that will hit KPIs.
- Pulling together and presenting pitches for new potential clients. Recommending budgets and strategy and demonstrating tangible results and forecasts.
- Understanding and being mindful of the commercials behind all social media jobs – budgets, available hours, time entry and profitability.
- Knowing the ins and outs of multiple social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube and Pinterest. Understand their strengths and weaknesses when it comes to addressing specific client briefs and make use of their various targeting, optimisation and analytics tools to get the best results for our clients.
- Developing social media strategies that encompass both paid and organic activities including content creation and scheduling, community management, targeting and segmentation, ad campaigns, crisis management and social listening.
- Preparing and delivering campaign forecasts across metrics such as reach, traffic and CPC.
- Digging into the data to analyse what’s working well and what isn’t in order to power campaign optimisations to hit KPIs.
- Collating performance data into comprehensive and engaging reports to present at internal and client meetings.
- Integrating social media campaigns into the wider digital media and marketing teams, sharing learnings and insights across the team and seeing the bigger picture.
- Carrying out competitor research to ensure we stay ahead of the competition.
- Working with the wider digital media and marketing team to understand their channels and integrate with our wider offering, lending support as required.
- A marketing or business degree
- An excellent communicator, both written and verbal
- Creative flair, especially in copy-writing
- Solid time management skills
- A good eye for design and formatting
- A perfectionist when it comes to attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills
- A proactive learner
- Numbers focussed and data driven
- Ambition to help grow Equator’s social media client base and offering
- You build great rapport with clients and colleagues, and have experience working with senior stakeholders
- You don’t mind being challenged and can work through difficult situations professionally
- You are a real team player but can also work on your own when required
- You have an understanding of other digital marketing channels and how social media can work as part of a wider mix as well as in its own right
From us to you
- Hands on experience and a commitment to ongoing training and development
- Time to get refreshed - 25 days annual leave plus 9 public holidays
- Invest in your future – Join the contributory pension scheme
- Equator loves families – Enhanced maternity, paternity leave & childcare vouchers
- Healthy body & mind - Exclusive membership to the super hi-tech Village Gym
- Cut pollution – Get on your bike with the Cycle To Work Scheme
- Superb social calendar – Including the best annual BBQ anywhere (Hint: it generally involves speedboats to a private Island!)
- Free fuel - Complimentary caffeine and fruity snacks
- The Friday Social - The drinks are on us at the end of the week