Overview of Role
The role will require you to assist in the delivery of complex, technical solutions and help manage the activity of a talented team of strategists, UX experts, developers, designers and marketers in our Glasgow office as well as managing day-to-day communications with the client.
As Programme Manager your role is divided into 4 main aspects; defining project approach and management of delivery, line management and support of allocated team members, input and contribution to the PM team operation and function and assisting the Head of Programme Delivery in implementing vision and strategy.
You will be responsible for measuring and improving the efficiency of the team, ensuring they work to the highest quality nd deliver on time and on budget, every time. You will help lead the team from the front, inspiring and driving the team to share our ethos for hard work and great results.
- Develop a close working relationship with the Head of Programme Delivery, heads of departments and the senior team.
- Liaising with the Client Services / New Business team to define the direction required to deliver large scale and business transformation projects for a client. Work with the Head of Programme Delivery to decide which approach should be deployed on each project, including the appropriate use of documentation and controls including User Stories, Project Plans, Sitemaps, Wireframes, Functional specs, Technical specs, Test plans, Project Reports and Client Action Logs.
- Deliver maximum profitability by ensuring a high level of performance and quality, monitoring departmental performance and developing initiatives to continuously improve our delivery processes.
- You will be responsible for supporting multiple projects simultaneously, ranging from complex solutions through to low level maintenance activity.
- Act as a mentor and role model to the project management team, providing support and training where required.
- You will be responsible for managing projects throughout their life cycle: selecting the project team, scoping, planning resourcing, information gathering, budgeting and liaising with the client. You will be required to scope, document and deliver projects taking full ownership for the approach, the delivery and the project financials.
- You have knowledge of a wide range of techniques, tools and concepts related to project management and a willingness to learn more.
- You are an excellent communicator, both written and verbal.
- You are forward-thinking and proactive.
- You are a motivational leader.
- You build great rapport with clients and the production teams. Your educated and justified opinion is respected by them, you inspire them, and you pitch confidently to win business.