Head of Search
The thing that makes your position so important in Equator, is that you reflect the ever-changing landscape of search marketing, integrating two of our biggest marketing functions, ultimately improving our clients’ performance in the search results. You are a forward thinking strategic leader with passion and experience in both organic and paid search. You play a key role in the continued growth and development of the search function. You are accountable for all integrated strategies, leading the search team to deliver campaigns that meet our client’s objectives and hit targets. You have a proven track record in creating both organic and paid search strategies that deliver results. You have a solid understanding of the two channels and how they complement one another, and know how to utilise tools and undertake keyword analysis to develop plans to aid exposure within the SERPs. This is a fairly new role with scope to develop our search offering, both within the agency and externally to clients, and to potential new business prospects.
Sound like your dream job? Apply now - or read on to find out more.
- Establish the strategy and priorities for the search functions within Equator.
- Manage the delivery and implementation of search campaigns.
- Co-ordinate with other departments to ensure all strategies are in line with client goals and objectives.
- Develop and lead key third party relationships with external suppliers to add value for both Equator and our clients.
- Manage, mentor and motivate the search team to deliver high quality campaigns and results.
- Work closely with the Marketing Director and other teams in Equator to ensure ongoing growth of the search department.
- Stay up to date on the latest trends in the space, identifying any potential new opportunities to ensure our search offering is best in class.
- Maintain high levels of satisfaction and retention of clients across the function, regularly meeting with them to plan, execute, and monitor campaigns.
- Aid the communication of search activities to the wider business through regular presentations, the development of case study material, Equator blog and email. • Work with the business development department to identify and act upon sales opportunities.
- You have a background in both paid and organic search, and experience in delivering successful multi-channel strategies.
- You have proven success in increasing rankings and ROI.
- You are an excellent communicator, with both written and verbal skills.
- You are an analytical thinker, with the ability to ensure analysis and results are accurate and insightful.
- You think strategically and forecast per your plans.
- You are forward-thinking and proactive.
- You have a strong commercial mind-set with a background in managing large budgets.
- You build great rapport with clients. They respect your educated and justified opinion, you inspire them and you pitch confidently to win business.
- You are responsible for ensuring you are aware of the standards and policies issued by the Company and are expected to follow and maintain them. Any breach of issued standards or policies, particularly in relation to; health and safety, data protection, information security and quality standards may result in further action being taken.
From us to you
- Hands on experience and a commitment to ongoing training and development
- Time to get refreshed - 25 days annual leave plus 9 public holidays
- Invest in your future – Join the contributory pension scheme
- Equator loves families – Get enhanced maternity & paternity leave
- Healthy body & mind - Exclusive membership to a Gym
- Cut pollution – Get on your bike with the Cycle To Work Scheme
- Superb social calendar – Including the best annual BBQ anywhere (Hint: it generally involves speedboats to a private Island!)
- Free fuel - Complimentary caffeine and fruity snacks
- The Friday Social - The drinks are on us at the end of the week.