Front-end Technical Lead
We’re looking for an enthusiastic, talented Front-end web developer to join our growing team of developers at our digital transformation agency based in Glasgow. You will be responsible for helping define the direction of front-end development within the company. You will play a key part in a large development team consisting of back-end developers, front-end developers and testers. The interaction between our front-end and back-end developers as well as the design department is fundamental to our business operations. As such, the development of the process and tooling required to meet our delivery aspirations will be a core part of your responsibilities.
Sound like your dream job? Apply now - or read on to find out more.
Within our creative and welcoming team you’ll take responsibility for:
- Development approach, you will be responsible for the technical leadership and direction of our technology stack. You will work with our team of talented front-end developers to establish a development methodology and an approach that is cutting edge, efficient and robust.
- Code quality, We believe in building long term relationships with our clients. This is based on trust and transparency which starts with the delivery of high quality software on which they can safely and securely operate their business
- Project contribution, The best way to stay in touch with evolving technologies and processes is to use them day to day. Your role will include involvement in project deliveries. As an experienced developer you will have responsibility for leading project teams in delivery of complex solutions.
- Leadership, Help define and shape the development team best practice guidelines to ensure that our tooling and process meet and exceed industry best practice,take part in leadership meetings and foster and develop a constructive and productive working environment to optimise team utilisation and profitability
- Personal development, Work with you line manager to ensure that you have an active and relevant personal development plan
On top of those responsibilities, the following skills and experience are desirable:
- At least five years’ experience in a front-end development role (not necessarily within an agency environment).
- Ability to evaluate emerging technologies with the ability to define and implement roll-out and training within an agency environment.
- Knowledge of accessibility standards.
- Experience of performance optimisation.
From us to you
- Hands on experience and a commitment to ongoing training and development
- Time to get refreshed - 25 days annual leave plus 9 public holidays
- Core working hours scheme
- Invest in your future – Join the contributory pension scheme
- Equator loves families – Get enhanced maternity, paternity leave & childcare vouchers
- Healthy body & mind - Exclusive membership to the super hi-tech Village Gym
- Cut pollution – Get on your bike with the Cycle To Work Scheme
- Superb social calendar – Including the best annual BBQ anywhere
- Free fuel - Complimentary caffeine and fruity snacks
- The Friday Social - The drinks are on us at the end of the week