Equator is seeking strategic experts to apply for the role of Digital Strategist in our Glasgow office. We're seeking a professional who can lead work on a high profile financial services client, collaborating with account leads and creative teams. You will lead the thinking and strategy on a complex account, giving the client direction, and helping prioritise new business opportunities. You will define the strategy to ensure the client delivers the best experience possible for their customers. Your background should be in digital strategy, user experience, marketing and/or customer experience. You can assess the best solutions for the client’s needs, and tie these back to measurable business goals. You are comfortable defining where clients need to go and why, and how they will get there. The ideal candidate will be excited by helping clients transform the experiences they deliver to customers, use data to direct business decisions, and be able to help them prioritise and consider the right options for them, in light of audience needs, previous performance and best practice. This is a role for someone eager to get their hands dirty in workshops, pitches, presentations, and document creation – this is a job for a thinker and a do-er. You know you’re right for this job if you’ve had previous agency experience and it’s an environment you thrive in. Someone who has worked internally for a financial organisation and understands these challenges would also be considered. You will report to the Head of Strategy in Glasgow, and will work closely with account directors, and creatives. You will also be part of a collaborative strategy team that always shares ideas, assesses thinking and strives to make each other deliver the strongest work possible. You want to drive transformation within organisations and provide clients with a clear roadmap of how to get there.
Sound like your dream job? Apply now - or read on to find out more.
- Developing strategic plans for financial services clients adapting to the digital age
- Analysing client capabilities and processes to identify areas for improvement and efficiency
- Provide clients with bigger picture thinking that pushes them to be more innovative, efficient and create competitive advantage
- Conduct analyses on client’s current situation and performance, and be able to create future recommendations on these areas
- User experience strategy including defining user journeys across websites and apps, creating information architecture
- Customer experience strategy with the ability to map customer journeys across the entire buying journey and identify areas for improvement and new opportunities
- Identifying tactics and approaches for utilising digital channels to achieve client marketing goals and audience needs
- Lead qualitative research processes such as stakeholder interviews, focus groups, and site visits
- Facilitating strategic workshops, presentations and stakeholder interviews
- Articulate strategies in memos and decks, and present work persuasively and clearly to clients
- Work with account leads, data analysts, and creative teams to ensure plans are actionable and effective
- You bring a customer centric approach to everything you do, and use this to get clients onboard with your ideas
- You stay aware of the latest trends and approaches in digital, finance and customer expectations, and bring a view of best practices and benchmarks
- You have strong evidence-based opinions but are open to discussion and listening to the input of other experts
- Approachable to other team members and clients
- Academic thinker, creative problem solver
- Amazing attention to detail.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Applying academic theory to digital strategy
- Data insights driven or an ability to learn
- Keeping up to date with all aspects of digital
- 3+ years experience in one or more relevant fields (such as digital strategy, user experience, product strategy, business strategy, online consumer/market research).
- Bachelor’s degree or higher required
- Financial sector experience or high level of interest and knowledge is a must.
From us to you
We provide the following benefits:
- Hands on experience and a commitment to on-going training, development and participation in Conferences/Talks
- Competitive Salary
- Working with other Digital Experts
- 25 days annual leave plus 9 public holidays
- Core hours scheme
- An excellent contributory pension scheme
- Enhanced maternity, paternity leave & childcare vouchers
- Exclusive membership to the super hi-tech Village Gym
- Cycle To Work Scheme
- A superb social calendar
- Complimentary caffeine and fruity snacks
- The Friday Social - The drinks are on us at the end of the week