Development Team Leader - Front-end
You will be responsible for the direction of front-end development within the company. You will play a key part in a large development team consisting of back-end developers, front-end developers and testers. You would be responsible for leading the front-end developers (12+) ensuring you manage them in line with the departmental strategy to achieve our goals. The interaction between our front-end and back-end developers as well as the design department is fundamental to our business operations. As such the development of the process and tooling required to meet our delivery aspirations will be a core part of your responsibilities.
Sound like your dream job? Apply now - or read on to find out more.
- Development approach, you will be responsible for the technical leadership and direction of our technology stack. You will work with our team of talented front-end developers to establish a development methodology and an approach that is cutting edge, efficient and robust.
- Code quality, We believe in building long term relationship with our client. This is based on trust and transparency which starts with the delivery of high quality software on which they can safely and securely operate their business
- Documentation, Document all solutions appropriately, encourage knowledge sharing through code reviews, paired programme solutions and demos, and ensure the department is engaging within the software development community
- Project contribution, As a team leader your time will be split between line management and code development responsibilities (approximately 50/50). You will have responsibility for ensuring that projects are appropriately resourced and that deliverable's meet requirements, are accurately estimated and that associated controls and measures of performance are in place and tracked
- Team Contribution, You will be responsible for managing and growing a team of approximately 12 front-end developers. You will be expected to motivate and lead your team by encouraging and nurturing positive collaboration with the team and other departments
- Leadership, Help define and shape the development team best practice guidelines to ensure that our tooling and process meet and exceed industry best practice,take part in leadership meetings and foster and develop a constructive and productive working environment to optimise team utilisation and profitability
- Personal development, Work with you line manager to ensure that you have an active and relevant personal development plan
- Enthusiasm and a willingness to learn
- A positive attitude
- A keen interest in all things digital
- Ability to mentor and lead
- A decisive thinker
- Strong organisational skills
- Excellent problem solving ability
- Strong communication skills
- Accessibility standards. We believe in building a web that is available to everyone. By default we build to AA standards out of the box.
- Performance optimisation. We pride ourselves in building solutions that provide users with the best possible experience. We tune our solutions to ensure that they get the best out of the hardware on which they run.
From us to you
- Hands on experience and a commitment to ongoing training and development
- Time to get refreshed - 25 days annual leave plus 9 public holidays
- Invest in your future – Join the contributory pension scheme
- Equator loves families – Get enhanced maternity, paternity leave & childcare vouchers
- Healthy body & mind - Exclusive membership to the super hi-tech Village Gym
- Cut pollution – Get on your bike with the Cycle To Work Scheme
- Superb social calendar – Including the best annual BBQ anywhere (Hint: it generally involves speedboats to a private Island!)
- Free fuel - Complimentary caffeine and fruity snacks
- The Friday Social - The drinks are on us at the end of the week.