What you will do
- Ensure clear documentation and communication on all aspects of the project
- Create accurate and reasonable estimates for all work
- Ensure project approach and tooling is in keeping with team practices and methodologies
- Create clear escalations points with the team and ensure progress and issues are documented
- Ensure all of your own and the work of the teams that you lead is tested using appropriate tools and techniques. The approach and tools used should be discussed and agreed before a project begins.
Knowledge, skills, training and experience
- Encourage the investigation of new technologies, ensure that the risk of new technology introduction is properly assessed and any potential impact is fully understood by all involved.
- Ensure access to our (or clients) environment is performed securely. Any changes to environments must be discussed with senior team members and conducted in accordance with established methods and practices.
- Participate in the development team support rota system.
- Ensure that code review schedules are set at the beginning of a project and carried out. The output from these reviews will then be discussed at the team leader weekly meetings.
- Ensure that project retrospectives are carried out after all development projects.
- Get to know our clients, you will need to present and spend time on calls with them
Taking the Lead
- Ensure that all team members have a personal development plan that complements the company’s requirements for staff official accreditation. Ensure that these plans are coordinated to ensure that at any given time we meet the required number of accredited staff members.
- Review feedback for team member’s appraisals and ensure that balanced feedback is sought. Implement and discuss actions based on feedback with the head of department. Ensure that actions are monitored and progressed throughout the year.
- Take responsibility for recruitment activity within your team and engage with recruitment agents.
- Monitor the effectiveness of mentoring activity within the team and ensure that all team members are receiving appropriate support. Review mentoring activity and identify further training requirements (formal or informal).Where appropriate suggest, organise and assist with team social activities.