Overview of Role
You will be responsible for managing the projects throughout its their life cycle: eliciting requirements, scoping, planning resourcing, information gathering, budgeting, testing, and liaising with the client. You will be required to scope, document and deliver projects taking full ownership for the approach, the delivery and the project financials.
- Oversee, coordinate and optimise a programme of the delivery of digital projects of varying complexity and value.
- Understand and interpret client requirements, advising client services where necessary.
- Document client requirements, map business processes and data flows and define solutions to meet those in conjunction with the project team.
- Responsible for managing project budgets and delivery team schedules; you will manage the allocated project team to ensure a timely, on-budget delivery.
- Use agile methodology to document requirements and lead teams through projects.
- You will identify risks, analyse options to mitigate risks and know when to raise concerns with senior management.
- Liaise and report on project status to relevant stakeholders.
- Adhere to the project management teams process and objectives.
- Coach junior team members, critique their work, and help improve their knowledge, output and skills.
- You will have a passion and genuine enthusiasm for agile delivery and be able to demonstrate a proven track record of delivery. This dynamic role is one that requires someone to effectively engage with clients and colleagues at all levels.
- Ideally you will have 3 years+ experience of delivery either as a Business Analyst, Project Manager or Dev Manager, preferably from within a digital agency although applications will be considered from candidates from other industries with relevant experience.
- Be a strong advocate for collaboration and interdisciplinary problem-solving
- As an effective collaborator, you’re used to working with diverse teams across multiple disciplines comprised of internal and external stakeholders.
- Bring positive, solution-focused thinking to delivery.
- Maintaining a thorough understanding of clients’ businesses and the markets in which they operate
- Ability to master and navigate new subject domains quickly
- Confident in preparing, running and leading client and internal workshops and agile ceremonies
- Proficient knowledge of requirements gathering processes and analysis
- Technically competent, you will have at least a high-level understanding of APIs with the ability to quickly learn and understand technical systems.
- Ability to explain complex details in simple terms for non-technical stakeholders to understand.
- Ensuring the quality of our digital output is of a level that meets the agreed scope of the project, industry compliance and the organisation's reputation for excellence.
- Anticipating any problems which may arise during the day to day delivery and communicate how challenges will be overcome/mitigated.
- Managing client expectations to ensure the Equator can deliver the required levels of service.
What to Expect
In the first 90 days, expect to:
- Meet the team.
- Meet your manager and understand their expectations.
- Learn about Equator’s culture, vision and services.
- Gain a broad understanding of the processes, software and tools we use to deliver work for our clients.
- Understand the project you are assigned to and what you are required to deliver.
- Be introduced to clients you’ll be working with.
- Attend and take part in project workshops and Agile ceremonies.
- Develop relationships with the project team and key stakeholders.
- Lead client facing workshops for requirements elicitation.
- Communicate requirements in the form of User Stories and Acceptance Criteria.
- Manage the project backlog and prioritisation in Jira.
- Lead the team and deliver work autonomously ensuring that outputs are aligned to project goals and pro-actively communicate changes.