Account Director (maternity cover)
Client Servicing lies at the heart of Equator and we are looking for an experienced Account Director to join our busy team on a temporary contract of between 8-12 months. The team’s role is to ensure that we create and manage great relationships with our clients, add real value and insight and work hard to deliver results for their businesses. Equator’s team is made up of passionate, driven and knowledgeable client services professionals who pride themselves on delivering great work by working closely with our clients to develop well thought through strategic plans. The Account Directors role is to set the overall direction of their accounts, responsible for the overall ownership, development, quality of work and campaign performance. Reporting to the Group Account Director; you will drive business growth through existing clients and develop proactive action plans for each account.
- Owning key client / agency relationships and being responsible for retaining and developing them by understanding the client’s needs in terms of overall strategy as well as delivery
- Commercial ownership of your client accounts – working to define targets and creating a plan to achieve them
- Develop a solid understanding of the client’s products, market and industry. Demonstrate a passion and enthusiasm for their business by driving competitor reviews and blue sky thinking days
- Good overall marketing knowledge and understanding of the roles each channel plays in the mix
- Immersion in all online marketing channels including SEO, PPC, media, social media and affiliate marketing. Build a good knowledge of each channel, their metrics and the opportunities to engage these disciplines to deliver results for clients
- Overall understanding of the approach to creating websites that meet client briefs including design, build and development as well as the importance of UX and analytics.
- Keep abreast of new technologies and marketing opportunities for clients. Manage a team of bright and lively individuals, guiding, mentoring and managing them to succeed.
- Ensure team members are aware of, and adhere to agency procedures and best practice.
- Work closely with the project management team to monitor and develop WIPs to ensure resource is in place and project timings are managed effectively.
- Lead effective and efficient cross-functional interaction within the agency to ensure delivery of client success.
- Pro-actively find opportunities for organic growth of accounts as the digital landscape evolves.
- Manage regular client/agency reviews and follow up on all active accounts.
- A passion for all things online
- A positive and enthusiastic approach
- You’ll stand out by being creative, dynamic, and results-focused with an ability to build and maintain relationships at all levels.
- Ability to instil great confidence in clients at all levels and to lead a great team to deliver results.
- Excellent commercial skills – from both a client’s and Equator’s perspective A big thirst to learn
- Good knowledge of the marketing spectrum – with good overall understanding of the various channels and how they work/add value
- Good overall awareness of the processes to create a website solution
- Outstanding presentation skills and an ability to communicate at all levels of the business.
- Great ability to put things in context to ensure we deliver great projects, on budget whilst nurturing strong, long term client relationships
- Skilled in keeping an eye on the big picture - knowing when to get involved in the detail and when to step back
- Collaborative approach – working well within a team and engaging Equator colleagues to make things happen
- Innate ability to identify problems before they happen and to fix them
- Amazing time management skills
- To be charming
From us to you
- Hands on experience and a commitment to ongoing development
- Time to get refreshed - 25 days annual leave plus 9 public holidays (pro rata)
- Invest in your future – Join the contributory pension scheme
- Healthy body & mind - Exclusive membership to the super hi-tech Village Gym
- Cut pollution – Get on your bike with the Cycle To Work Scheme
- Superb social calendar
- Free fuel - Complimentary caffeine and fruity snacks
- The Friday Social - The drinks are on us at the end of the week.