Account Director (maternity cover)
Client Servicing lies at the heart of Equator and we are looking for an experienced Account Director to join our busy team on a temporary contract of between 8-12 months. The team’s role is to ensure that we create and manage great relationships with our clients, add real value and insight and work hard to deliver results for their businesses. Equator’s team is made up of passionate, driven and knowledgeable client services professionals who pride themselves on delivering great work by working closely with our clients to develop well thought through strategic plans. The Account Directors role is to set the overall direction of their accounts, responsible for the overall ownership, development, quality of work and campaign performance. Reporting to the Group Account Director; you will drive business growth through existing clients and develop proactive action plans for each account.
- Championing your clients’ targets and plans in the agency, and promoting thorough client understanding of the services Equator can offer to support their targets and plans.
- Leading your team to develop digital marketing strategies, budget projections and performance forecasts for your clients, aligned with their targets and plans.
- Creating Client Development Plans that outline additional opportunities your clients could capitalise on, and which Equator could support them on.
- Presenting and converting client strategies, and additional opportunities, with engaging client-facing proposals
- Ensuring agency briefs are developed in line with our quality standards.
- Leading your team to ensure effective agency briefs, ensure all projects and campaigns are delivered on time and on budget, and ensure the desired results for your clients.
- Continually reviewing Equator’s performance with your clients, ensuring that any feedback, positive and negative, is dealt with in a proactive and timely manner.
- Mentoring and supporting the development of your Account Managers to deliver great client service, effective client budget & financial management, and solid account administration.
- Some previous experience as an Account Director, specific digital experience is necessary.
- You should have experience in managing a small team of account managers.
- Strong business and market analysis skills, ideally gained with clients in the retail banking sector or another regulated FS sector.
- Demonstrable knowledge of digital marketing planning across a range of channels including search marketing, email marketing and website design
- A flair for proposal writing, presentations and solution-based selling
- Excellent numerical shills with experience of managing £6-figure client budgets
- Good negotiation skills.
- A highly sociable and enthusiastic personality
From us to you
- Hands on experience and a commitment to ongoing development
- Time to get refreshed - 25 days annual leave plus 9 public holidays (pro rata)
- Invest in your future – Join the contributory pension scheme
- Healthy body & mind - Exclusive membership to the super hi-tech Village Gym
- Cut pollution – Get on your bike with the Cycle To Work Scheme
- Superb social calendar
- Free fuel - Complimentary caffeine and fruity snacks
- The Friday Social - The drinks are on us at the end of the week.